A scratched, burnt, discolored, or even just a plain and unattractive countertop can make your kitchen look dull and boring to cook in. Now give your kitchen an upgraded look and functional appearance with the best countertop designs!
Whether you are an old-school kitchen love or looking for a traditional design for your home, upgradation for your modern farmhouse’s kitchen, or adding a contemporary style cooking space to your workplace, here are the top 7 all-time favorite countertops to weigh up.
Choosing the right countertop for your kitchen can be fiddly – and expensive too. First, there are so many options available in terms of countertop materials followed by a varied range of designs, pricing, longevity, and quality.
So you need splurging budget and some smart planning for this big update to match your kitchen utility needs as well as your lifestyle. Regardless of which material you opt for your kitchen remodeling; aspects that need to be kept in mind are:
- Shades and design to ensure the style statement you want to make in your cooking space
- Shape and Size of the material including its length, thickness, and edge style
- Integration of the design with the existing backsplash – if you want to match or contrast both
- Durability, robustness, and ease of maintenance as the kitchen is one of the most highly used areas of every home
- The total cost of the product, including upfront cost, installation charge, and future maintenance
And with all these aspects in mind, let’s check out the top 5 trending countertop materials that can help you upgrade your old kitchen within budget!
Top Countertops To Consider
The classic favorite, marble presents the perfect combination of luxury and elegance. Its timeless lavish appearance and availability in a variety of sizes, styles, and colors make marble one of the most sought-after countertop materials for both kitchen and bathroom.
- Marble is extremely sturdy & durable.
- It is easy to cut, shape, and customized.
- Marble keeps the space naturally cool.
- Fancier designs & edges can be easily achieved.
- It is available in a vast selection of colors, designs, and shades.
The completely non-porous material; the breathtaking beauty of Quartzite adds a next-level sophistication to any bathroom or kitchen. Being highly resistive to damp, heat, and wear and tear; it is the best choice for any modern kitchens and contemporary bathrooms.
- Quartzite is one of the most elegant and functional kitchen countertop materials.
- It comes with a matchless level of attractiveness and stylishness.
- Quartzite resists extreme UV radiation, keeping its original color intact for years.
- It is versatile and suitable for floors, walls, and facades.
- It is less prone to damage, denting, and chipping.
The most favorite material for European-style kitchens, Porcelain has set a staple kitchen design trend in the current market. Containing a high percentage of silica, kaolinite, and feldspar; this durable and robust countertop material can be ideal for any highly used kitchen and bath spaces.
- Porcelain is strong, durable, and robust.
- The color and pattern possibilities for porcelain are virtually endless.
- It is highly resistant to chipping, scratches, and cracks.
- High-strength porcelain adds a premium look and appearance to any space.
- Matte & genteel surfacing to glossy look, multiple finishes are available for porcelain countertops.
One of the most popular engineered stone countertops, Quartz can add a new level of elegance, luxury, and functionality to kitchens and bathrooms. Attractive look, robustness for heavy-duty kitchens, and affordability make Quartz one of the top choices for the countertop.
- It is much strong and resilient than granite and marble.
- The availability of patterns, designs, and colors is wider.
- Made from locally recycled minerals; Quartz is very much eco-friendly.
- It requires less care and maintenance.
- It is non-porous and highly resistant to bacteria and germs.
If you want to achieve an elegant kitchen design that fits your style and budget; then plastic laminate is your to-go countertop choice. Extremely low-priced; it is non-porous, hard-wearing, well-designed, and DIY-friendly.
- Plastic Laminate is extremely affordable and fits into any budget.
- Modern plastic laminate can withstand high temperatures, staining, wear and tear, scratches, and chipping.
- It comes with additional antimicrobial protection and reduces the spreading of microbes and cross-contamination.
- It is accessible in a great variety of new colors, designs, patterns, and polishes.
- Laminate can be cut into any shape and thus ideal for customization.
Recycled glass countertops are trendy, sturdy, easy to clean, and a very attractive choice for any kitchen and bathroom. Made from 10% percent salvaged glass together with non-toxic pigments and cement; it is the best eco-friendly material option for any home remodeling projects.
- Recycled glass can add vibrant colors and splendid visual texture to any cooking space.
- Available in a variety of enduring style, timeless colors, and modern patterns
- It is a very contemporary and trendy choice for any kitchen.
- It offers a very distinctive look with its diversity of design applications.
- Its non-porous nature makes it very tough to be stained.
One of the most eco-friendly choices, wooden countertops is soaring in popularity these days. With the authentic antique feel and sleek and elegant designs; a wooden countertop can make your cook or bath space more inviting and cozier.
- It comes with a rustic and authentic look.
- They are naturally sanitized and cold-blooded for germ and bacteria growth.
- It is easy to cut, file, repair, and refinish.
- Wooden countertops are highly heated force, and scratch resistant.
- It is cheap and available in a variety of colors, patterns, and styles.
Concluding, these are the top choices available for countertop upgradation in both the kitchen and bathrooms. If you are planning for a remodeling project, make sure to check out these trending materials while considering their aesthetically appealing look, affordability, quality, functionality, and compatibility with your existing interior design.